• Plant Type: Shrub
• Sunlight: Sun – Shade
• Soils: Moist to dry
• Bloom Time: White flowers in May, June
• Size: 3-12 feet in height; 3-7 foot spread
Highbush Blueberry is excellent for naturalized landscaping. Provides brilliant red fall color and is a great alternative to the harmful invasive Burning Bush.
Mountain Laurel (Kalmia latifolia), Teaberry (Gaultheria procumbens)
• Host to the Frosted Elfin butterfly.
• Berries highly favored by numerous bird species and other wildlife.
• Excellent pollinator plant.
Occurs in wooded and open areas, wetland edges, dry pitch pine and oak woodlands.