• Plant Type: Shrub
• Sunlight: Sun, part shade
• Soils: Average, dry or moist
• Bloom Time: Pink flowers in June, July
• Size: 1-3 feet in height; 1-3 foot spread
Adaptable to a variety of sites, plant in naturalized areas, foundation plantings, or woodland gardens. The showy Sheep Laurel is allelopathic, roots exude chemicals that inhibit conifer growth, it is also toxic to many mammals. It may form large evergreen colonies. The flowers are miniatures of Mountain Laurel. Native to Cape Cod.
Christmas Fern (Polystichum acrostichoides), Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), Sweet Fern (Comptonia peregrina)
• Provides winter forage and cover for birds
• Caterpillar host for the White Slant-line and the Mottled Gray Carpet moths
Found in forests, shores of ponds and lakes, bogs, and woodlands.