• Plant Type: Shrub
• Sunlight: Sun, part shade
• Soils: Wet, average
• Bloom Time: White to pinkish flowers in July, August
• Size: 4-8 feet in height; 4-6 foot spread
Plant Sweet Pepperbush where you are able to smell the spicy, sweet scent of its profuse late summer blooms. It can be planted in a mixed shrub hedge or border. Tolerates drought well once established.
Inkberry (Ilex glabra), Eastern Woodfern (Dryopteris marginalis)
• Birds and mammals eat the fruit.
• Flowers attract butterflies, bees, hummingbirds.
Occurs in seashores, stream banks, wet woods.