• Plant Type: Perennial
• Sunlight: Full sun, partial shade
• Soils: Well-drained sandy soils
• Bloom Time: Late summer – August, September, yellow flowers
• Size: 2-3 feet in height
Drought tolerant. Fragrant leaves have the scent of licorice. High ecological value and handsome appearance, it makes a valuable addition to wildflower gardens, meadows, and naturalistic borders.
Grass-leaved Goldenrod (Euthamia graminifolia); Showy Goldenrod (Solidago speciosa); Old Field Goldenrod (Solidago nemoralis)
• Provides important nectar and pollen for native bees.
• Attracts birds, ladybugs, lacewings and other beneficial insects.
Occurs naturally in fields and meadows.