• Plant Type: Perennial
• Sunlight: Shade, part shade
• Soils: Moist, rich to average
• Bloom Time: Non-flowering
• Size: Size: 2-4 feet in height; 2-3 foot spread
A vase-shaped clump of green leaves provides height and texture to a woodland garden, pond edge, bog garden, or wetland. The cinnamon-colored fertile fronds grow upright out of the center of the plant. Tolerates some sun if soil kept moist. Deer resistant.
Teaberry (Gaultheria procumbens), Golden Ragwort (Packera aurea), Great Blue Lobelia (Lobelia siphilitica)
• Downy wool used by hummingbirds and other birds as nest lining.
Occurs in forests, shores of rivers or lakes, swamps, wetland edges.