• Plant Type: Perennial
• Sunlight: Full to part sun
• Soils: Sandy to clay, needs consistent moisture
• Bloom Time: White flowers from June, July, August
• Size: 3-6 feet in height, 2 foot spread
Use in border and wildflower gardens, around banks of a pond, wildflower meadow, pollinator garden, rain garden. Useful in habitat restoration projects.
Dense Blazing Star (Liatris spicata), Joe Pye Weed (Eutrochium maculatum), Mistflower (Conoclinium coelestinum)
• Pollinator magnet. Butterflies and bees are attracted to the flowers.
• Host plant for caterpillars of the Lined Ruby Tiger Moth (Phragmatobia lineate), Burdock Borer Moth (Papaipema cataphracta), Three-lined Flower Moth (Schinia trifascia).
Occurs in marshes, swamp margins, stream banks, and shores of rivers or lakes.