• Plant Type: Perennial
• Sunlight: Full sun, partial shade
• Soils: Well-drained sandy soils
• Bloom Time: Pink to purple flowers in June, July, August
• Size: 3-4 feet in height
Drought tolerant. Fragrant flowers! Plant in area where rhizomes can spread. Seed pods release seeds in late summer and fall.
Rose Milkweed (Asclepias incarnata), Whorled Milkweed (Asclepias verticillata)
• Pollinator magnet! Attracts a variety of insects including Milkweed Bugs and Oleander Aphids that don’t hurt the plant.
• Host plant for the caterpillars of the Monarch Butterfly and the Tussock Moth.
Occurs naturally in fields, meadows, abandoned lots and roadsides.