• Plant Type: Perennial
• Sunlight: Part Shade, Shade
• Soils: Well-drained soils, moist to dry
• Bloom Time: Non-flowering
• Size: 1-2 feet in height; 12-18 inch spread
Plant low maintenance Lady Fern in perennial borders, moist nooks, low spots, and woodland gardens. Typically grows in full to part shade in drier soils than most ferns, and it can tolerate full sun if kept cool and soil is moist. Like most ferns it is deer resistant. Upright stems are green or red.
Wild Ginger (Asarum canadense), Maidenhair Fern (Adiantum pedatum), Ostrich Fern (Matteuccia struthiopteris), Sensitive Fern (Onoclea sensibilis), Jack-in-the Pulpit (Arisaema triphyllum)
• No known direct benefits to wildlife.
Occurs in river or stream floodplains, forests, swamps, woodlands.