• Plant Type: Shrub
• Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade
• Soils: Well-drained, moderate to dry
• Bloom Time: White flowers in June, July, August
• Size: 2-3 feet in height; 2-3 foot spread
This low growing shrub can serve as ground cover or as a tidy, fragrant, blooming shrub to attract bees and butterflies. Once established, its deep roots make it drought tolerant but difficult to move. Plant may die back in winter but will return in spring.
Pasture Rose (Rosa carolina), False Indigo (Baptisia australis)
• Host plant for the caterpillars of the Spring Azure, Summer Azure, and Mottled Duskywing.
• Offers nectar for a variety of pollinating insects and hummingbirds.
Occurs in dry fields and roadsides, woodland edges.