• Plant Type: Perennial
• Sunlight: Sun
• Soils: Sandy, average moisture to dry
• Bloom Time: Yellow flowers in August, September, October
• Size: 2-6 feet in height; 2-3 foot spread
Perennial with low maintenance is perfect in a pollinator garden and ornamental flower bed. Spreads easily by seeds but does not become invasive. This goldenrod has almost succulent leaves to protect against winds and salt spray. Drought tolerant. Salt spray tolerant. Pinch the growing tips in June for a more compact plant in gardens.
Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum), New England Aster (Aster novae-angliae), Brown Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia triloba)
• Food source for migrating monarch butterflies.
• Attracts songbirds, other butterflies, and small mammals.
Occurs on coastal beaches, dunes, and marshes.