• Plant Type: Perennial
• Sunlight: Sun, Part shade
• Soils: Average, well-drained
• Bloom Time: Yellow in May, June, July
• Size: 12-24 inches in height; 24-30 inch spread
Plant as a companion in a border or meadow. Also called narrow-leaf evening primrose it grows in challenging conditions and provides yellow flowers for months. It is a rapid spreader but not usually aggressive. This evening primrose blooms during the day rather than the evening.
Greater Tickseed (Coreopsis major), Goldenrods (Solidago spp.)
• Attracts wide variety of bees, birds, butterflies
• Larval host for Sphinx moths
Occurs along edges of salt marshes, brackish ponds, and tidal rivers.