• Plant Type: Perennial
• Sunlight: Prefers full sun to part shade.
• Soils: Moist, well-drained soils
• Bloom Time: Late summer blossoms – July, August, September; vivid blue flower
• Size: 1-3 feet in height, 1 foot spread
In average soil conditions, you may need to water occasionally—don’t let it dry out. Most striking when planted in mass, rather than a single plant. Pollinators love it.
Flowering Spurge (Euphorbia corollata); Flat-topped Aster (Aster umbellatus); Spotted Joe Pye Weed (Eupatorium maculatum); White Turtlehead (Chelone glabra)
• Bumblebees, other bees, hummingbirds, and butterflies
Occurs naturally in swamps and wet meadows.